Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update for this week (still 38 weeks)

Well, it's still a "pregnancy" update, so no baby yet...

I went to the doctor on Monday morning. Sunday I had some "signs" that I should be going into labor (according to books I've read) within 24-72 hours. I was a little hopeful that the doctor would see some real progress. There was some progress. I went from 1cm dialated to 2 1/2 cm and from 50% effaced to 75% effaced. (If you don't know what that means, you don't want me to tell you. Just know at time of actual baby delivery you are 10cm and 100%.) So it means there's been some progress by my body but nothing too substantial. I left the doctor's office with another appointment for next Tuesday and the thought that we will schedule an induction on Thursday. Thursday will be my actual, original due date - October 2nd. I NEVER thought in a million years, that I would be making it to my due date. Neither did my doctor. She still is shocked to see me each week. After much consideration, I've decided to just focus on the 2nd and anything sooner than that will be a surprise. He seems to be comfortable and content to stay put where he is. I, however, am not comfortable or content, but am trying to accept things as they are. :) Yes, I'm still drinking my tea and taking some supplements. They are all good things that will only help with labor and I'm finding myself enjoying my tea breaks throughout the day.

Will keep everyone posted as things progress...hopefully! :) I hope you're all enjoying the beautiful fall weather. I'm so happy it's cooled down some and I am enjoying a refreshing change from summer.

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I am so excited about future baby Ward's upcoming arrival! Two New Year's babies ;-) arrived at work this week, and another mama is on bed rest, so it's in the air. I'm sooooo jealous and the old clock is a-ticking. Maybe I'll head down that road in the next year or so. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to being an "aunt" again!