Thursday, September 11, 2008

37 Week Update


Okay, so now I'm really ready to have this baby and have definitely cursed myself into a long pregnancy. This week's appointment was same as last week's. No more progress...bummer. But baby's heart beat sounded great and I couldn't get any idea of how big this little one might be when he comes out. I'm a wee bit concerned about his head since Zach's was so huge. I guess we'll know when we know. :)

Other than that, we are plugging along on the new house. Craig's been working really hard on cleaning up the outside with weeding and trimming all the ovegrown trees. The people that we bought the house from only lived here about 2 years and we think maybe they didn't do ANY yard work in 2 years. Hence, the crazy overgrown weeds and out of control grass, etc. It has lots of potential b/c the previous owners evidently did some great landscaping (according to Alden our friendly neighbor). (Alden reminds me of what my Dad will be in about 30 years - has a great yard that he's always working on and even composts. He's thrilled that Craig and I are working on the house and yard.) We just have to find those plants that are still around and figure out how to get them to grow again. Since our yard was about 50X50 in Denver, this is our first real experience with yard work. It's proving to be challening and a lot more work than we realized.

I wanted to go ahead and put up some pics for fun. One is of me last weekend. I had Craig take it so I could remember exactly how big I get. I'm still not sure if this pic does it justice - I mean, I'm HUGE right now! :) There's NO more room for this baby. The other pic is of Zach "adjusting" to the new baby coming. This would be the infant car seat we were cleaning up and him with his baby doll watching tv. What is that about "regression"?

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Okay, Jill. I think it is possible- barely- but possible- that for the first time in the history of earth, you might be bigger than me. But then, I'm not pregnant.

Also, how bout it- doesn't yard work SUCK??? When I was pregnant, our yard looked pretty good- and I planted tons of flowers and stuff. Then Caleb was born and... nothing. NOTHING. I have trees growing out of my cement sidewalk. Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

You do look great, though. And I'm so excited for you!