Thursday, September 4, 2008

36 Week Update

Okay, so I'm heading into the home stretch. I went to the doc yesterday. I've had a bad cold/cough and asked the doc if it was possible to cough out a baby. She reassured me that she's only seen that happen during active labor (which is kind of a funny thought in itself). She did my exam and said maybe I had caused some progress with all the coughing. The baby was way down. I'm dilated 1-2 cm and 50% effaced. So progress is happening. However, it really means nothing. A lot of women have this for weeks before delivering. I didn't have this with Zach but I was on bedrest and meds to keep this from happening. We shall see.
The funny thing is that when the baby drops they call it "lightening". Really!?! Cause it feels LOTS heavier to me, not lighter. However, the blessing is the heartburn is somewhat better and I can breath a little easier too now that the lungs have some room to expand. I'll just count my blessings! Bags are packed and fingers are crossed that he comes sooner than later. I've probably cursed myself to 4 more weeks of pregnancy.

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I think it is waaay worse with second babies. I thought I was ready to deliver about 11-ty times, and it sucked. And prelabor? Holy uncomfortable!!! But the real thing? MUCH easier the second time- I SWEAR it. Happy thoughts- I'm thinking about you and looking forward to hearing all about it when we get there! Kansas is not too far for me to come and visit, you know!!!