Friday, September 26, 2008

Isn't the 2nd one suppose to be easier????

"Focus on your long-term goal. Your wish will be granted next year." - My fortune cookie last night

Ever wanted to cry over a fortune cookie? Pregnant women who are 39 weeks and just want to have a baby that minute, do. Next year, really?!?!?

That was last night. We went out for Chinese food b/c another old wives tale that it's suppose to help induce labor. I was having good, consistent, mild contractions all day yesterday and was thinking it could be anytime. I went to bed last night, not feeling much and having the contractions settle to about every 15 mins or so. I went for 2 walks around the neighborhood and was considering a trampoline for awhile. (I'm sure the neighbors were talking about the big preggo lady they haven't met walking around the neighborhood.)

This morning I woke up with some stronger contractions coming about 8 mins apart. I called the doc to just see what protocol was for them. Being an hour away from the hospital makes me a little nervous about getting there on time. They said I could come in and get checked just to see what was going on. So I packed up Zach's things and Craig came home. We took Zach to Grandma's and headed to the doc. Turned out we were too late to be seen before their 1 1/2 lunch break so we ended up shopping/walking around all the stores trying to help things along and waste some time. Of course, as we're on our way to the doc's office, my contractions almost completely stop. I was monitored and examined only to find - NO progress. Back home we went. I rested some this evening and drank some of my tea (which I'm starting to doubt now!). Things seem to start to turn for me at about 5am so I'm hoping tomorrow morning I will have some killer contractions and really be ready to have this baby.

Funny thing, this is EXACTLY how Zach's labor went. 1 day of discomfort, 1 day of a false alarm and then the next day was IT...let's pray it keeps going that way. :) I'm also praying for an easier delivery though. Any help would be appreciated (praying for me that is!)! Can't wait to post pics of this guy...soon.

3 comments:

The Browns said...

Saying lots and lot of prayers. Love to you ALL - Diana

Princess Sparkle Pants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Well, the mom network is hard in action, and I'm not giving anything away but to say I can't wait to talk to you and hear the whole story. I'm praying and very, very hopeful that everything is wonderful for all of you guys!!!