Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Lengths I'll Go To...

You all know me, so you know that I'm not good with just waiting for things to take their course. I feel I must have something to say about everything, even if it's when a baby is born. HA! God laughs at my self-importance. Today I resorted to some herbal teas. I've done some research and found that Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Chamoille and Evening Primrose are all herbs/teas that will help your body along with preparing for labor. With that said, it "helps prepare" it doesn't start anything that you're body isn't already doing on it's own.
Off I drove to Joplin, to get my tea, as there's no local place that carries much natural food products. I walk into the store and the guy behind the counter asks if he can help me with anything. I said, "Yes, I'm looking for your teas." He says, "Teas, right. Do you need the Red Raspberry Leaf?" I return with, "Is it that obvious?" He proceeds to ask me when I "WAS" due - not am due - WAS. I said, "Oh no, I'm not due for another 2 weeks." He was shocked. I said, "I know, there's no more room for any more baby to grow in here!"

So here I sit with my cup of tea and hoping for things to progress. Patience, Jill, patience.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

UGH. I would just show up at the hospital every day and just keep repeating the word "Pitocin". Sooner or later, they will give in just to make you be quiet!

But, AWWW, I'm so excited!!!

Mahga Jenkins said...

I must say I absolutely LOVE this site! I felt like I haven't been able to see Zach grow but I just caught up on what's goin' on in his lil' life in a matter of minutes. What a tumbler! I can't wait to read more about the new lil' one soon to arrive. The only thing I just can't seem to relate to is wanting/wishing/willing labor to come!!?! EH! Good luck, I know you will do great!

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

WELL??? New Baby Yet?