Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dylan - 6 months

I can't believe it's been so long since I've written on here. But here's an update on Dylan that is way overdue.

He turned six months officially on the 27th of March. I would say this week he's officially started sitting up. He's still a little wobbly but for the most part he can sit on his own for a couple of minutes and then comes crashing down to get a toy or whatever has caught his attention. I've been a little worried that he's a little on the small side. This week I think he's finally put a little more weight on. He's still no where as pudgy as Zach was at his age, but he's still got quite a few rolls so I'm not too worried.

I think he's working on his first tooth as well. Drool central and you can feel a little lump on his lower gum and a little fussier than usual at times. He's still such a sweet baby though. It takes a lot to get him upset. He's just happy hanging out and watching all the activity with Zach and Craig. The only time he really lets you know he's not happy is when he's hungry and you are not getting the food there fast enough. He seems to find his vocal chords then.

Our newest activity is sucking on our toes which always cracks me up. I love watching how excited he gets when they get to his mouth and he can hold on to both of them at the same time. He's also getting infatuated with the baby in the mirror. He likes that baby and that baby seems to have a mommy a lot like his! Such a smile!

He also had a hearing screening to check that everything is okay on that end. I guess babies who are in the NICU have a higher risk for hearing issues. His hearing is okay. Borderline on a couple things, but could be the noise he was making in his carseat and the other test he was too young to be too concerned about it yet. 3 months and another check.

Oh and in the last month we have totally cleared up his eczema. We had/have been weaning him off all milk to soy and it made such a difference. It probably took about 2 months to see the results but his skin is great now and before it was scaly and dry no matter how much Aquaphor I used. We'll have to be careful and see if he's got a true milk allergy or if he grows out of it. It has not helped his spitting up however. My laundry still runneth over! I think he went through 4-5 sleepers today - not exaggerating!

Next week should be fun. We have appointments with his pediatrician, the NICU pediatrician (Dr. Porte) and the pediatric neurologist in Springfield. I'm tired just typing about it. I think we'll hear that everything is just fine and he's doing great.

Happy 6 months Dylan!

No comments: