Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dylan is scooting and my house needs to be cleaned...


Dylan is officially scooting now. He had been practicing in his crib by getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. Now, he's got it down and has figured out how to launch himself forward and/or pull himself forward with his arms. Zach totally did the army crawl thing for about 2 months, but I fear Dylan is just going to go crawling away here very soon. He turned 7 months on Monday and is still hitting all his milestones like a champ. Here's the video of Dylan scooting with "help" from his brother and Dad. I really think Zach is the most entertaining of this thing. Dylan is just tuning everyone else out while he masters the crawl. You can tell he spends a lot of time "tuning" us out. :) Also, please excuse the messy laundry laying about the room, we were busy watching Dylan scoot and didn't have time to pick up! Guess I'll have to make time now.

I'm not sure that I wrote about Dylan's doctors appointments, but they all went really well. Again, I forget how bad he was until we see the doctors and they all are still amazed at how well he is doing. Still a relief to me. We couldn't be happier with everything in that category. The only interesting thing about the doc appointments is how much smaller Dylan seems to be than Zach was at his age. He weighs around 17 3/4 lbs...and Zach was a solid 20 lbs. He's also pretty short, but I think he is right around where Zach was on that one. It's just funny when he was so big at birth that now he's significantly smaller. We'll see how that turns out. Zach was always kind of short for his percentile thing, but now seems to be average or above average. They still look so much alike that I'll have a hard time keeping pics straight as they get older (or maybe I get older is more accurate).

No comments: