Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Zach Stories

I need to update with some funny things Zach has been saying lately. I find most everything is funny these days.

I made French Toast the other morning for him. We don't usually have French Toast. Here's how the conversation went.
Me: Hey Zach, I made some French toast for you this morning.
Zach: Oh good mommy, let's tell Daddy we having fwends toast.
Me: Not friends toast, Zach, French toast.
Zach: Daddy, we having fwends toast. Mommy made fwends toast. DADDY!...
Craig was upstairs so this goes on for about 5 mins until he finds Craig and gets a response. Lots of talking in my house.

The Walmart toy catalog is out for Christmas. Zach has spent the last couple of days looking through it constantly. He's found what he wants from Santa. One of those cars that you can ride in...like the Barbie Jeep but a John Deere little thing or a truck something. Anyway, he's picked it out and was going on and on about it. He starts a lot of sentences with "Maaaybe, I could get..." So maybe he could get this car was going on and on. Well with our budget this year, the car is probably not possible, so I said "maaaybe, we won't be able to get that this year." Tears began to flow, it was very sad. I tried to explain the concept of not getting everything you want all the time. Hard for a 2 year old. Craig went the route of telling him he's not big enough but maybe if he gets bigger he could get it then. Clip to 4 hours later after he wakes up from his nap.

Me: Hey there buddy! I don't think these jammies fit you anymore. You've gotten so big we may have to put them away.
Zach: I have gotten big. I so big mommy.
Me: You are big sweetie.
Zach: Now I can get dat car? I bigger now, so I get dat car?
Me: Laughing. Well, we'll see. I'm not sure you're that big. You really want that car don't you?
Zach: Yes, I wiwee want dat car. I big enough now.
Off he goes to find Daddy and tell him how big he is and how he wiwee wants dat car.

He has a mind like a steel trap. He forgets nothing, beware, whatever you tell him. He will remember and repeat.

3 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Dude, I'm not even joking. We have one of those cars that was a hand-me-down - used to be Barbie, is now vinyl-covered camouflage. LOOK AT CRAIG'S LIST. He won't care if it is not new!!!

The Browns said...

Ok - too weird.

We had breakfast for dinner tonight - french toast casserole and sausage links. When Simon asked for more "cak"e I corrected him and told him it was called French Toast. He then smiled and said he'd learned all about fwendship today in school - it's when friends help friends....

Good ole fwend toast - you gotta love it!

A Year of Mystery said...

Too cute! Wait til he's 16:)