Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dylan Update

All is going well. We have been home now for a week. Some days it seems like weeks and some days it feels like just a couple of days. He had his 2 week pediatrician appointment on Tuesday and it went well. He's obviously eating well since he has gained 1lb 1oz since birth. So he's 9lbs 12oz. A big growing boy.


He broke the seal on crying. Of course, it was in the car on the way to the Dr and I had to find a place to pull over and adjust his carseat. The same thing happened with Zach, but with Zach it took me a month to figure out why he hated his carseat so much. This time around I was much wiser and realized it is the stupid infant inserts. These are evidently made for petite babies who need a more snug fit. Not an issue with my large babies. Took the insert out for Dylan and he was much happier. Zach was not happy about Dylan's crying. He'd never heard it and was extremely upset at the fact that Dylan was so upset. Zach put his hands over his ears and had tears in his eyes telling me how upset Dylan was. It was very sweet. I had to explain to him how babies cry a lot but they are okay. They are just telling Mommy that they need something. I'm not sure he gets it.


Things seem to be going well. He is still on anti-seizure medication since his last EEG in the hospital showed some "potential" for seizures. He takes the med 2x's a day and will hopefully be able to come off of them within a month or two. Other than that, you really wouldn't know there was ever anything wrong with him. It's really still amazing to me. I just keep marvelling at my little miracle baby.


My mom is here visiting from Florida (for those of you who hadn't heard, the Smith's moved to FL). She's loving being able to spend time with both the boys and has been a great help to me. Laundry, changing diapers, entertaining Zach and letting me nap! I now know why Angelina Jolie can have 5 children. If you get this much help, it seems like 5 kids wouldn't be so bad. My dad is coming in next weekend to see Dylan and Zach too. I think we're going to try and hit the pumpkin patch in town. Should be fun!


Will attach some photos on my Flickr account. I think I can make a link to it? Will try and see how that goes.

2 comments:

The Browns said...

Check you out! Managing this mom of 2 thing with no problem. And of course he'd start crying in the car when there's nothing you can do about it! That's what babies are good for. :)

So happy to hear your update!

Amanda Wells said...

I love the pictures, I can not beleive how dark Dylan's hair is. The billboard is the best!! I want a billboard.
Talk to you soon.