Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dylan Milestone

I can't believe it's taken me this long to put this in the blog, but Dylan has learned to reach and grab for things. The first time he really made contact was with a musical toy on his little bouncy seat. It shocked Zach and me while we were in the kitchen cooking the other day. We both heard the music and realized Dylan had found the toy and was able to pull it to make the music start. He gets very proud of himself when he does this and doesn't let go for quite awhile!
This is the culmination of staring at his hands intensely for about 3-4 weeks. They seemed to be the most exciting things in the world to him - just fascinating. Maybe I should have done something in the field of human development because I find watching the way baby's brain work and develop fascinating. Ah, another milestone.

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I do too!!! Maybe it is the Child Development classes that were poured down our throats in our (otherwise useless) college educations?

A Year of Mystery said...

Wonderful progress! Great news!