Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Dentist

Tomorrow we have a dentist appointment for Zach. Unfortunately, he has two teeth that have defective enamel. I guess it's a thing from birth and probably happened in the womb. Since he's so young and not very cooperative with the dentist, they are going to have to do it under general anesthesia at the outpatient hospital. I'm a nervous wreck. I'm sure it will be fine, but it's no fun to have your little one be put under. He gets to take his little stuffed dog with him and they will have him all drugged before the IV. Whew, I was worried about the IV thing. God knows, I hated it when I was in labor. Zach seems a-okay with it since he's going to get a Superman action figure when it's over.

Wish us luck. I'll update tomorrow when it's over! :)

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Ugh. Seriously, the worst experience of my entire life was when PH had to get tubes in his ears. It took a LONG TIME for him to recover from the anesthesia afterwards. Lesson I learned - if he is totally freaked out, like, will not take a drink of juice, take him outside. Ten minutes outside and he was fine. Sooo weird.

I hope it goes really, really well!!!