Saturday, December 20, 2008

Zach is 3!

Zach is now officially 3. It's taken me awhile to post this because of all the Christmas craziness going on. He had a week long birthday extravaganza. It started with Chuck E. Cheese with my parents in Indiana while we were there for Thanksgiving. Zach really kind of lucks out with having the birthday close to Thanksgiving but far enough away from Christmas to kind of work it into a month long presentfest. Too bad the rest of the year sucks because he doesn't have any other present events. Oh well, you can't have it all. :) He loved Chuck E Cheese and had a ball riding the little rides and playing the games and of course, picking out the little crap they give you at the end with your tickets you "won". His birthday at school went off okay despite my lack of preparation for his cake. On Saturday his actual birthday we decorated the house for Christmas and opened his presents from Craig and me. His reaction was less than enthusiastic. I thought he would love whatever we got him, but he doesn't deal with change well. I bought a different set of bowling pins than the ones he had seen at the store. These were wooden instead of plastic and he cried, "These not the ones." Really?!?!? Hmm, next he opened a little keyboard that he calls the "can-piano" I don't know why? But it wasn't exactly like the big piano he had played the week before at my great aunt's house so it was "wrong" too. Hmm, onto the guitar that he absolutely was dying to have. That was a hit except he played it for about 3 mins before declaring that it was too hard and he wanted more. Again, really?!?! I then tried to discuss the idea of appreciating what you have and not looking for more. Not at all sure you get that concept when you are 3. Anyway, he does like the toys now so that's good. I have video of this event and he will hate that I bring it up for years to come.
Finally, we had birthday with Craig's family. More fun presents and the highlight - the Spiderman cake. Another rookie mistake on my part- should have planned ahead and not spent $25 on a kids cake. (When you promise a Spiderman cake, make sure you know that the local supermarkets can in fact make a Spiderman cake.) Although, he did love it more than any of his presents so it may have been worth it in the end. And the white cake was fabulous. I'll attach some photos of the cake. I took a ton b/c it cost $25. Did I mention it cost $25? :)
Happy Birthday to my favorite oldest son! We love you buddy!


The Cake - Notice the Green wall -had to request that just for Zach...loves the green
Family pic - please imagine this just arrived in the mail with Merry Christmas from the Wards!

My Guitar Hero and again, the cake...

No comments: