Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Party - 10/17/2009

We hosted the First Annual Ward Pumpkin Carving Party. I hope to make this an annual tradition. We had lots of families come join us to carve their pumpkins and enjoy some chili, hot dogs and cider. Some of the kids painted pumpkins but many went the traditional carving route. My brother was able to come up from Tulsa for the party and bring his kids (Jen had to work.) My mom came in town to help out. Thank goodness she did since I ended up getting a migraine about an hour into the party and spent the rest of the afternoon in our bedroom. (I was bummed to say the least.) But my mom and Chris kept the hostessing duties going and got everyone to take goody bags and all.
We had a great time and like I said, I hope to make this an annual event. Everyone is welcomed to travel and see us next year. I promise not to wait to take my migraine medicine next year! :)
I put a lot of my mom's pictures on Snapfish and put a link on a previous posting. Here are some of my pictures from before people arrived. I took some of the decorations and set up for the carving (maybe I'll remember next year, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel!).
Aren't the propane heaters nice?!?!
It was a little chilly and Brian let us borrow them from his bar, McCarthy's.
Easiest decoration ever, candy corn in glass votive - going to reuse with peppermints for Xmas
Goody bags, want better bags for next year, but these worked in a pinch

Our front porch with pumpkins and mums...I love fall!

No comments: